Hilux Set Up
Vehicle prep for big trip
We’re heading off on an expedition to Melbourne and back but there’s a few things on the ol’ girl that need to be addressed:
New bash plates. The factory ones have been bent and straightened a few times but finally the mounts broke and have been held in place by cable ties for a while.
New bash plates installed. Usually I don’t like after market bash plates coz they are too heavy and not necessary for the type of work I do (unless trying to look cool). However the after market ones were cheaper than genuine.
New air compressor. The old one busted a valve and aint pumpin no more.
Bit of flat bar used to fashion a new piece for the side wing.
Side wings fixed. Thanks Davo for your expert welding effort!
Out with the spot lights and in with a bait board. I find the factory lights to be ample. I cut bait a lot more often than I used the spot lights. Plus this is more aerodynamic and better for the cooling system.
Repair broken drawer runner. These tabs slot into the drawer sides and are what support all the weight in the drawers.
New tab welded onto drawer runners. Thanks Bruce for your expert metal work skills!
Check the injectors. All good.
New sliding extension to work bench for stove / burner. This stabilizes the burner and gives us more bench space.
New canopy. The sliding side windows of the old canopy just weren’t cutting the cheese. These new lift up side windows are great. We can actually use the space at the front of the canopy.
New home made roof rack for the roof top tent. Thanks tek screws!
Now we’re ready to hit the road. We’re off to the Nullarbor.